Sunday 8 March 2009

Let's meet...AliBali!



Ali of AliBaliJewellery is a fellow member of ETTEAM and makes gorgeous jewellery that deserves its place on Etsy's front page! (The necklace above deserves to be in my jewellery box, but that's another story...)

But what of the woman herself?

Cats or dogs?

Dogs, definitely. Cats are sneaky, dogs are loyal!

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Neither.... never really got either of them!

Fruit or chocolate?

OMG, is there a choice!! Chocolate all the way, although I do like strawberries dipped in chocolate, yummy!

Favourite colour?

Red.


Favourite meal?

A good Thai curry.

City break or weekend in the country?

Weekend in the Scottish hills.

Soaps or documentaries?

Documentaries, I am proud to say I don't watch any soaps!

Bath or shower?

Horses for courses. Shower in the morning to wake up, long lingering baths in the evening or at the weekend!




Now we’ve got you warmed up…

What brought you to online selling?

I started making jewellery about 2 years ago for myself. Then, my friends started asking me to make stuff. From there I tried my luck at craft fairs, other crafters told me about Etsy and that was that. I have shops on Etsy, Folksy, Dawanda, plus I've just opened on Artfire and Coriandr.

What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far?

It's normally the last thing I've made!! I have a few favourites, I like my crochet bracelets, especially the new wider and chunkier ones I've made for custom orders recently. I love my hollow dome pendants and funnily enough they were one of my first designs!



What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far?

Promote, promote, promote!! And .... get great photos!

If you could start again, is there anything you’d do differently?

Work on my photos before loading them onto any sites and I would have started blogging earlier. I've only recently got my head around social marking and I wish I'd started that last year.

How do you see your store developing?

I think I'm gradually finding my own style and I want to start developing that further, concentrating more on precious metal clay. I have loads of ideas buzzing around my head!


What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?

I'm at work! It's okay though, it's 8am and I'm not due to start until 9am!!!

What’s your top marketing tip for today?

Stumbleupon, use it for everythng you do, new listings and blogging!!


Thanks Ali! I don't know about you, but I think Ali's photos are fantastic, and I can recognise her style easily. Check out her shop here AliBaliJewellery and her blog here!

12 comments:

Winklepots said...

Front page work all the way! Absolutely stunning! I love the bracelet.

Anonymous said...

wow great interview, beautiful jewelry...nice to hear more about you!

Bigbluebed said...

I love Ali's work. Her photos are excellent too. My mouth watered as the first photot reminded me of pomegrantes. Lovely feature.

Jane Carlstrom said...

Hey there Ali, nice to see a lovely spread about you here on Nifty's blog. Thanks for the Stumbleupon tip. Your jewelry is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Nice interview! Love alibali's work especially her gorgeous crocheted cuffs

Nic said...

Great interview. I love Alis work. I have some bits on my birthday list from her shop. Now I have to go and check out stumble...

Kitschy Coo said...

Great feature, Ali's jewellery is beautiful. I was stumbled recently by someone else... can you stumble yourself?!

BeadyPool said...

I just love that teal and purple necklace of Ali's. Off to find out what stumble is (techno phob that I am).

Alison Reid said...

Thanks heather! You've chosen some of my faves from my shop. Thanks to everyone else for your kind comments!!

Ruby Spirit Designs said...

Perfect interview and gorgeous jewellery, top marks to both of you! ;)

Sue said...

Fun interview and a real treat seeing some of Ali's jewelry!

Fabric Nation said...

These are lovely! I love the silver hearts and felted and silver pendant. It combines all my fave colours and materials!