Sunday 29 March 2009

Let's meet...YaffaDreams!




Susan from YaffaDreams asked to feature me on her blog, so I thought it only polite to reciprocate! Yaffa Dreams means Beautiful Dreams, so I'm hoping to find some beautiful work.

Quickies for starters:

Cats or dogs? Miniature donkeys, but I don't have any.

Fruit or chocolate? Chocolate!!!!!!

Favourite meal? Toss up between cheese sandwich (yum) or a HUGE salad.



City break or weekend in the country? I live in the country ... so definitely country. City is too congested and loud.

Soaps or documentaries? commercials

Now we’ve got you warmed up…

What brought you to Etsy?
Out of work and I love to create. So I started to sell on Etsy.



Tell us about your shop (or shops)
My shop is called Yaffa Dreams. Yaffa is Hebrew for beautiful and my daughter's Hebrew name is Yaffa. So the shop name means Beautiful Dreams. My daughter also has a section in my shop called "Fantastical Awesomeness". We make very cool jewelry, bags, keychains, clothing, and the shop also has vintage items.

Do you sell anywhere else?
I sometimes do custom orders off of Etsy. This is mainly by word of mouth, from my blog, etc.

What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far? Too many favorites. I made a pendant out of a piece of blue glass and chain and glass beads that I just loved. I donated that item during the holidays. But I love the guitar pick items in my shop. And my hardware jewelry items. And my sugar skull items! And my new faves are the Carnelian pendants.



What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt (about Etsy) so far?
Join teams! Fellow etsiers are the best!

How do you see your store developing? Growing. I am always trying something new.

What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted? Browsing the forums ...

What’s your top marketing tip for today? Promote, promote, promote!

Sounds good to me! Thanks for that, Susan. Rumour has it there's a sale on right now...YaffaDreams

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog. Love your blog and your shop! Susan

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

wonderful interview.

New England Quilter said...

Lovely feature - it's nice to know what Yaffa means too!
Amy
http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com

catiahades said...

i love susan!

KayzKreationz said...

Great interview. I did an interview with her also. And I got one of her guitar pick pendants for my son who is an awesome guitar player. He loves it! Thanks Yaffa. And thanks nifty for posting some more info about her we might not have known.
http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com
http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com