Friday 10 April 2009

In an English Country Garden....



The fritillaries (above) are in full bloom now.



The bleeding hearts aren't quite open, but show promise of what is to come.

And as for the taddies!

You probably think I'm being cruel, keeping the new babies in such shallow water - but they've chosen to swim to the very edge of the pond. It's shelved gently from the gravel into the water, like a beach - and the daft tadpoles like to go there because of course the shallow water is warmer.



The ones at the back are pushing and shoving - the tadpoles at the edge are virtually on dry land! I had to hose the pebbles down so they would go back in the water (I'm a nice mum really!)



9 comments:

Linden said...

Gosh, what a difference being a couple of hundred miles further south makes! - I mean I know, because my Dad lives in Romford and he's always saying "The so and so's just come into bloom" and I'm thinking, "Not up here it hasn't" but it brings it home actually seeing it and then looking out into our garden! Those fritillaries are breath-taking...

What a lovely kind Mum you are to your taddies, hope you continue to manage to keep them where it's safe, bless!

Sweetpea4kids said...

I love those Tadpoles!! Please continue to show update photos.

I love when the flowers start to bloom, except my bleeding hearts make such a mess!

My Mother's Garden said...

Heather~
Your garden is lovely! The bleeding heart is one of my favs, of course it doesn't grow in my tropical climate though. The tadpoles remind me of being a little girl. I used to love to watch the whole transformation from tadpole to frog.Your gonna have a yard full of frogs soon. They are great for the garden, they'll eat all the bugs. Lucky you!

Chichiboulie said...

what a lovely garden. I'm so jealouse of the tadpoles, but hubby has plans to install us a nice little pond with fishies so fingers crossed.

AMIdesigns said...

those fritillaries are stunning! i don't think i've ever heard of those before

Sue said...

Lovely to see your flowers beginning to bloom, and of course see the little tadpoles. Unfortunately, nothing like that here yet just outside of Toronto, Ontario. We are waiting!

Felicia said...

Beautiful flowers!

Unknown said...

Heather, I love your blog! It so fun, and your cute little tadpoles are so charming. Love the flowers too - quite pretty. :o) Sandie

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

I wish we had flowers! So jealous! Happy Easter!