Tuesday 21 April 2009

Let's meet...Foreverfoxed!

I'd already guessed that Jackie just might be a dog lover - look at the names of her shops and blog:
http://foreverfoxed.blogspot.com/
http://www.Foreverfoxed.folksy.com
ForeverFoxed.etsy.com

Am I right? Cats or dogs?

Dogs, of course!


This first photo relates to niftyknits' childhood. My sister wanted a doggie-on-wheels, but couldn't explain which type of dog and was quite adamant it had to be the right type. Eventually she spotted one in the street and shouted to all and sundry: "That one Mummy! I want that doggy, but with wheels on!"

Star Wars or Star Trek?

Live long and prosper. Need I say more?


Fruit or chocolate?

Fruit in the morning and chocolate in the evening.

Favourite colour?

Red.

Favourite meal?

Curry.

Soaps or documentaries?

Eastenders AND documentaries.




Bath or shower?

Shower.


Now we’ve got you warmed up…

What brought you to Folksy? Tell us about your shop. Do you sell anywhere else?

I have my own website selling my dog inspired greeting cards http://www.foreverfoxed.com but discovered Etsy last year. I saw various mentions of Folksy in the Etsy forums and finally took the plunge and joined in December 08. I've found it a very friendly place.



What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far?

Ooo, it's usually the last card that I've made so it's the Flying Fox Terriers card, inspired by the Beswick ducks that used to grace our living room wall.



What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt (about online selling) so far?

You just have to keep plugging away. Promote, promote, promote!

If you could start again, is there anything you’d do differently?

No, everything seems to be going to plan so far. Yes, I have a masterplan...

How do you see your store developing?

I need to find more time to actually make more cards. Ideally, I'd like to include more terrier breeds and create more occasion cards.



What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?

Reminding myself how to knit.

Humph. Niftyknits just might start making cards then...;-)

What’s your top marketing tip for today?

Use SocialMarker.com! It saves valuable time in bookmarking your stuff.



Thanks Jackie! Here are those all-important links once more...

http://foreverfoxed.blogspot.com/
http://www.Foreverfoxed.folksy.com
ForeverFoxed.etsy.com

4 comments:

Forever Foxed said...

Thanks Nifty!

I don't think my knitting skills are anything for you to worry about; I'm still at the "knit one, purl one" stage!

J x

lampwork beads by jo said...

great blog, loved the cards

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing me the doggy stuff.

Linden said...

Lovely interview, the doggie on wheels has made me all nostalgic as I used to have one of them when I was a child!