Tuesday 28 April 2009

Let's meet...AMIdesigns



Alison from AMIdesigns.etsy.com is a fellow UK seller, hailing from Northern Ireland. Let's get to know the girl behind the counter...

Cats or dogs?

cats

Fruit or chocolate?

chocolate of course!

Favourite colour?

blue



Favourite meal?

my hubbies prawns in garlic butter

City break or weekend in the country?

city break

Soaps or documentaries?

documentaries



Bath or shower?

shower. I never ever have a bath

What brought you to Etsy? Tell us about your shop ... do you sell anywhere else?

When I started making jewellery I stumbled across the crafts forum and read a lot about Etsy. Eventually I decided to give it a go. AMIdesigns.etsy.com I make beaded jewellery and online I sell mostly bracelets, though that's not what I started off trying to sell. I mostly sell memory wire bracelets or chunky cluster bracelet. My other online shop is on Folksy - www.AMIdesigns.folksy.com

What’s the favourite item you’ve made so far?

I love the Caviar bracelet, which is the first cluster bracelet I made with silvery grey glass pearls



OH, those are Nifty's favourite too, although I prefer the chocolatey one...or maybe the teal...or maybe the champagne...

What has been the most useful lesson you’ve learnt so far?

To make a success of it, it takes loads of time, effort and promotion

If you could start again, is there anything you’d do differently?

I'd tell myself not to get down when the sales didn't come immediately. It wasn't really until the summer and being on here for 7 or 8 months that I started selling consistantly

How do you see your store developing?

Probably more bracelets and more designs.



What have you been doing today that I’ve interrupted?

Updating my blog! amidesignsjewellery.blogspot.com

What’s your top marketing tip for today?

Treat each buyer as well as you can. Answer convo's promptly, use attractve packaging and I offer a small discount for repeat buyers, which seems to encourage people to come back again

Thanks Alison! To find out more, go to
amidesignsjewellery.blogspot.com
AMIdesigns.etsy.com
AMIdesigns.folksy.com

and of couse she's @AMIdesigns on Niftyknits new favourite, twitter!

10 comments:

BeadyPool said...

oooh loving those earrings, fab interview from another blue lover - I just love blue - thanks

crochetgal said...

I've been an admirer of AMIDesigns for quite a while now, and I've just recieved a beatiful pair of earrings from AMIDesigns in todays post and they are fabulous!

Any gal who loves chocolate has got to be wonderful!

Bigbluebed said...

Thanks for the interview nifty. Great to hear more about the lovely AMI.

AMIdesigns said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to feature me on your fab blog nifty!

Heather Leavers said...

so say all of us crochetgal!

Kitschy Coo said...

Great inverview, she really makes beautiful things! Thank you for doing so many interviews :)

Linden said...

Another great interview with some excellent advice, especially about promoting and not getting down when sales don't come straight away, thank you.

And hey, my hubby does great prawns in garlic butter, too - ooh, now I'm feeling hungry!

Sue said...

I love these interviews! It is so much fun getting to know a tiny abit about
the fabulous artisans on Etsy. AMIdesigns work is beautiful! Thank you for the interview!

Noodlefish Crafts said...

Ooo I love that Caviar bracelet!! Great interview Nifty!! Coll x

Noodlefish Crafts said...

Ooo I love that Caviar bracelet!! Great interview Nifty!! :) x