Sunday 19 April 2009

Jason and the Argonauts.


When I taught Years 4 & 5 (yes, both at the same time...but let's not get into that) one of my topics was "Ancient Greeks", so when I found an old video of Jason and Argonauts it seemed like a fun place to start.

There are always pitfalls lurking for the unwary teacher however, and one caught me out first time round.



This is a fleece, right?
(This one and others available from fiberwyrkz.etsy.com)

But no, not to our modern town-raised kids. This is a fleece ...



(available from heartscontent.etsy.com)

and my pupils couldn't understand why there were no similar jackets in the story.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hhahaha!!!!! Oh my god that is hilarious but oh so sweet!

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Very cute!

Fabric Nation said...

Ha! Like this. I love this film too. And on a different note, saw this and though ot you! Perhaps a joint commission! - http://www.london.gov.uk/fourthplinth/plinth/emin.jsp

Heather Leavers said...

LOL wonder how I can contact her???

The World's Dresser said...

LOL - I still remember watching Clash of The Titans in grade school and thinking it was the coolest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

That jacket is SO CUTE!!