Saturday 25 April 2009

Natural bondage

Bet my title got you wondering, didn't it?




I love the way Mother Nature just carries on, regardless of what life throws at her.






The silver birch has been thoroughly tangled up by honeysuckle, but if anything is more beautiful with her corkscrew patterned trunk.



This tree looks quite dead, it's riddled with woodworm and you can see right through the hole in the trunk. Yet when you get closer (you might need to click on the picture to enlarge it) you can see there is new growth.
Mother Nature, the eternal optimist.


Finally - another couple of pics of the bluebell carpets in the nearby woods.
So, so beautiful.

11 comments:

Lorrie said...

Great shots hun...I lovet this time of year the best.
x

Linden said...

Beautiful photographs, Mother Nature in all her glory! This time of year is my favourite, too, the colours are all so fresh and young.

Midnightcoiler said...

Bondage and bluebells! Thanks for sharing the natural beauty from your part of the world. The bluebell carpet is amazing.

Sue said...

Beautiful shots! Trees fascinate me, particularly when they have "personality" as these ones do.

Nicola said...

That bluebell path is just an open invite to explore isn't it? :)
Love the photos they're gorgeous,
trees are wonderful and very uplifting. I often take texture plates from tree bark and use them in my jewellery making (so much fun)
Have a great weekend

Nic xx

Lenny said...

These pictures are lovely. :) I love trees. And the one with the hole in looks like a relative to the tree in Sleepy Hollow! Very Tim Burtonesque.

Beyond the RockZ said...

Great shots!


Beyond the RockZ

Kitschy Coo said...

Very pretty (and interesting!) pictures, thanks for sharing!

doodypops said...

We have some sort of weird link going on. First the poo on the trails and now the trees. I actually have another etsy shop where we sell faux bois furniture and my husband and I just made some tables cast with those curly branches! Its lorinmark on etsy. I started selling my vintage clothing there, but now I only have the furniture up. I have to get listing!

Heather Leavers said...

separated at birth lorin?

doodypops said...

I would say yes, except I thought your sons were very cute, so if that were the case it would just be weird.
You have such a good looking family!