Sunday 2 August 2009

Spot the pond visitor

I've just taken almost 30 photos entitled "where the dragonfly was hovering just before I took the photo" LOL but at least in these 5 you have a small hope of playing "spot the dragonfly"







I'm not even completely sure it's a dragonfly - the proof is that when they land, dragonflies keep their wings spread out, damselflies fold them back along their body. This one was determined not to land. I *think* it's a Migrant Hawker but if you know better, please say.

3 comments:

Pamela Zimmerman said...

I'd say you were right!~ Love dragonflies...and they are hard to catch photos of on the wing. thanks for showing it to us!

Jane Carlstrom said...

Yay Nifty, I'm finally back with agile and working computer. So once again able to come visit and comment. Missed coming over to play.

This dragonfly journey is lovely. Will there soon be a knit version?

Heather Leavers said...

stop it Jane! I actually have a "to knit" list sitting by the sofa now. so much yarn... ;-)