Thursday 20 August 2009

This is... * Sandie *

otherwise known as ZaftigDelights & KnitzyBlonde




Favourite colour?
I would have to say Turquoise/Teal/Aqua - those are the color/s that make me feel the best, and certainly ones I have a lot of clothing in. But I also like Lilac, Purple, Pink and other shades of Blue and Green.



Favourite smell?
A new baby, freshly washed sheets, a plumeria.

Favourite place?
Home, the beach, Hawaii, Scotland. All for obviously different reasons - but all because they feed my soul.

Favourite sound?
My grandson drumming loudly. :o) I just love having him around-he keeps me young. Laughter, especially from my family and friends. I also love the waves crashing at the beach (living this close has its perks). Music. Music. Oh yes, and music.



Favourite way to spend your time?
Spoiling my family...it's what I do best. I love to cook (when I have the time). I also love creating; designing and making new items. I also love to travel, go shopping and eating at great restaurants, and sitting at the beach.

Favourite item in your shop of all time?
In my ZaftigDelights shop, it would be this....


In my KnitzyBlonde shop it would be this...



Why?
I was just exceptionally happy about how they turned out. Sometimes I am not always sure where I am going when I am creating something - but I just try to follow my instincts. - With the Vintage Rhinestone earrings, I just thought they were stunning stones, and it was lovely hand setting them and seeing how they photographed. With the Flower Garden baby hat, I was just so happy with the final outcome. I started off adding one flower, and then felt it needed more - by the time I was finished adding 6 flowers to it - well it cracked me up. And it really looks cute on a newborn! ;o)

Favourite shop that isn't yours?
It is so hard to narrow it down to one! Egads, well, I'll narrow it down to a few.
I love KateSzabone's jewelry, amazing!! I love the funky earrings from Discomedusa . And I absolutely adore the watercolor art of Mozo.



What has been the most useful lesson you've learnt so far that you'd like to pass on to our readers?

Be integral, prompt and kind. If you do, everything else will pretty much work itself out. And for someone new to this, I can't emphasize enough how important promotion is. Unfortunately it is tough for some artists to promote themselves, but it is must in the creative online markets that we all sell in.



Additional note: I am on two Etsy Teams, Etsy Treasury Team http://etsytreasuryteam.blogspot.com, and "Carried Away" The Etsy Bag Maker's Team http://CarriedAwayTeam.blogspot.com. I am so appreciative of the wonderful team members on both teams, they are kind, helpful and very supportive etsy sellers. This really makes the Etsy experience so much more enjoyable for me.



http://ZaftigDelights.etsy.com
http://KnitzyBlonde.etsy.com
http://ZaftigDelights.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/zaftigdelights
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ZaftigDelightsKnitzyBlonde/236938095187

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful store. Nice to know you better Sandie!
Shay

Unknown said...

Thank you, Heather for such a lovely article! You're such an asset to the ETTEAM. :o) ~ Sandie

Pamela Zimmerman said...

so nice to see you and get to know you better, Sandie! Your shops carry a wonderful range of items, and you are so great to have on the Etsy Treasury Team! thanks for all you do!

Jaci said...

Sandie, I love that flower garden hat, too! And I can't believe someone else loves the smell of fresh sheets! Fun read, Nifty :)

Beads, Beads and more Beads said...

Sandie, thanks for all you do. Love your halloween bracelet!! very cute. As always a great article Heather..
Pjlacasse

CrazyDaisiesDesigns said...

WONDERFUL!! I just love it! Sandie you are such a sweetie! I just love the pic of you! So wonderful getting to know you a bit better!

I agree our team is wonderful! Did I say wonderful to many times...LOL

Peace,
Jessica

Midnightcoiler said...

Always nice to hear more from Sandie! I sure appreciate having her as our great Treasury Team Blog Mistress. I'm envious about the beach.. it's a few hours away for us.
Great interview!

StudioCherie said...

Sweet article! Lovely person.

My Mother's Garden said...

Heather,
Thanks for another great interview!
Sandie's zest for life shines through in all of her answers. It's always so nice to learn a little bit more about the different people on the Etteam.
~Karrita

Foxy G. said...

What a lovely article on a special lady. I, too, love the smell of fresh sheets! I love your baby hats and your Halloween bracelet and celebrate what you all are doing on the Carried Away Bag Makers Team. Bouquets to you, Sandie!

The Silver Dog said...

This is such a great interview!

Silja Erg said...

Sandie's stuff is awesome! :)

Unknown said...

My goodness you are all so sweet! Thanks for the lovely comments.

Sandie

Anonymous said...

Sandie, you are SO beautiful. I love learning about you. You are RAD!