Saturday 8 August 2009

****proud mummy moment****

Years ago, when I was Mummy-Taxi, transporting my 3 kids around to their long long list of after-school activities I didn't know where it would all lead.

Middle son (football, cubs, cricket, piano, saxophone, drama who knows what else?)is now a professional musician.

Daughter (brownies, guides, piano, violin, swimming, rookie lifeguard) phoned yesterday.

She's a teaching assistant, working in a play scheme for the summer.

And yesterday - she used the CPR training she learnt in those rookie lifeguard sessions to resuscitate a child until the paramedics arrived.

I'm still shell-shocked - and I wasn't there. Well done baby girl - I'm very very proud of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, thats amazing ... well done her! You have every reason to be proud xxx

Linden said...

That's brilliant, you must be so proud of your daughter and I bet she's feeling great, too, what a wonderful achievement!

AMIdesigns said...

Well done to your daughter! and well done to you too for making her what she is today

Amy V. said...

Give her a hug for me and tell her we are proud of her too!

CrazyDaisiesDesigns said...

Way to go Nifty! You should be a proud Mommy!! Amazing!!

Hugs,
Jessica

Kathleen said...

Wow! So glad that you shared =)