Friday 28 August 2009

This is ... Catherine


...from Kalicat Jewelry: kalicat.etsy.com and kalicat.dawanda.com for our European friends.

Catherine is a jewelry designer and maker from Paris. She was kind enough to feature NiftyKnits on her blog too!

Favourite colour?
It depends on the trends, the seasons and my mood, at the moment, I love warm yellows and lime green




Favourite smell?

I am very fond of Amber, and have a few candles in my house that I sniff from time to time, to make me feel good. Another favourite are cinnamon and Candy floss




Favourite place?

I'll have to mention my home town, Paris (France) and the place I had my honeymoon which is Thailand, I am crazy about everything there: the food, the weather, the fabrics, the jewelry, the sun, the people, the architecture!

Favourite sound?

I love the soft noise that a silk dress makes when you dance, move, walk!
And Bells from the ice cream van, LOL!




Favourite way to spend your time?

Listening to music, travelling around the world , looking at jewelry, trying it, making it and buying gemstones


Favourite item in your shop of all time?

I love my hand forged gold chain, which is so versatile I wear it as a choker, an long necklace, a bracelet!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5665924


Favourite shop that isn't yours?

I really like AutumnRussell's couture gowns. My favourite dress has already been sold, which is great as it is just gorgeous.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5386452



Being also a fashion illustrator myself, I enjoy perusing his sketches. They make me day dream, a bit like being a Cinderella waiting for an occasion to metamorphose into a stunning woman (which I am most of the time, of course). You can see mine at http://www.catherinemarche-designs.com/illustrations_portfolio/fashion.html

What has been the most useful lesson you've learnt so far that you'd like to pass on to our readers?

To check several times with my clients what their ring size is, and send them a ring sizing gauge or ask for a sample ring from them, before I make their ring. This way, we both avoid having to resize the ring, which is a huge gain in time.

follow kalicat on twitter:
Or join my facebook fan page for news and new items
You can also follow my blog for jewelry related articles http://kalicatdesigns.blogspot.com

3 comments:

AMIdesigns said...

Wow her work is beautiful! Nice interview too

MaryAnn said...

Super jewelry and I love that dress too! Not that I could ever wear something like that! hehe Great interview!

Catherine Marche said...

Thank you so much for this nice inteview
I enjoyed it.
Anyone wants to get me a lovely dress? LOL